.......................................Thanks for stopping by.................................................

ANWA Member since Oct. 2003 - Chapter President of "Write to the Point" writing group.


Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday's Marvelous Quotes, etc...

"Reality Check; Who am I and where am I going? Let the MASTER be your teacher."

This is a quote I wrote for our grandson on his 21st birthday. We decided that we would do everything 21 so I gave him 21 quotes along with 21 Gold dollars, 21 drawing things (he loves to draw and is amazing at it) and a passel of other stuff; everyone at the party gave him things in 21's. Fun party!

In the writing world that I belong to, I think asking myself "who am I and where am I going" is a good question, one that I should ask myself more often. Actually it also applies to my painting and other walks of life too. Sometimes I forget to stop and think what I want in life and what I want to be known for. Do I really want to be known as a procrastinator? I DON'T THINK SO!

So with renewed enthusiasm (partly gleaned from the ANWA retreat I've mentioned before) I will go forth and try to listen harder to the Master and what HE wants me to become when I grow up; what HE wants me to do with my talents (I don't think He wants them hidden under a bushel). CLEAN MY DANG DESK OFF AND GET TO WORK!

What do you think the Master wants you to do with your talents? I would love to hear your comments on the subject.

~Joyce

1 comment:

  1. Joyce,
    I've been pondering that for several months now, and look where it got me. haha. For me it came down to the talk about good, better, and best. The things I was doing were good, but they weren't the best use of my time.

    ReplyDelete