.......................................Thanks for stopping by.................................................

ANWA Member since Oct. 2003 - Chapter President of "Write to the Point" writing group.


Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday's Fractured Features...

Wow, I don't know what happened to the last three months... I've been gone, I've been busy, etc,  - is all that I can say. 
.
Since today is Friday I thought I would share a Friday's Fractured Feature with you... so here goes, an excerpt from
.
Just Another Player
.
Sneering at the Firemen; Semi; car; and the lapping flames, he felt depraved of his intent. 
He reached into his coat and pulled out a silencer for the Glock-34 he held in his hand. With lips curled in hatred, and his eyes trained on the car that held Dielan captive, he screwed the silencer into place. His chuckle could barely be heard.
.
In a yard close by, a large dog started barking.
.
Shooting an evil look toward the noisy dog he scowled, and swore evil profanity under his breath, “… you better be quiet you noisy beast or you’ll get yours. I am the Great One!”
.
He pulled the dark hood closer to his face and flipped up the collar of his jacket. He stuffed his hands and the gun in his coat while he waited a moment for the dog to quiet down. Moving silently, he went to a spot farther from the growling dog and any attention it might bring.
.
The big dog barked more excitedly, and charged the chain link fence with its head down, growling, with its sharp teeth bared in a vicious and aggressive attitude. He growled louder with each lung forward.
.
The Great One slowly lifted his arm; the target changed. Taking perfect aim with his gun pointed at the dog. A soft pop sounded, silencing the dog forever.
.
The Great One stood with a satisfied grin on his face; eyes fixated on the blood that trickled from the head of the fallen dog onto the frozen ground.
.
“I am the Great One - I decide!”
.
.
... I hope you've enjoyed the sample...
~ Joyce P. Smith
 
I will try to be more diligent in posting on here in future.  :O)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment