.......................................Thanks for stopping by.................................................

ANWA Member since Oct. 2003 - Chapter President of "Write to the Point" writing group.


Monday, October 24, 2011

Did-ja-Ever???

So I was sitting here a-wondering... did-ja-ever find yourself talkity-talking about stuff you wished afterward that you had kept your ridiculous mouth shut about?
.
The question now is: To label or not to label... "Private"; "Secret"; "Not for anyone else's ears"; "Can you be trusted not to repeat this?"
.
It seems like the older I get, the more of a jabberer I get! I mean unless someone tells me specifically to keep it a secret (which, by the way, I'm able to do quite well) I find myself sometimes divulging things I wish afterward that I had kept to myself!
.
I've decided that I need a little-me-people on my shoulder to tell me, "Self, are you sure you wanna say that?" or "Self - this is really interesting stuff, but is it necessary to repeat?"
.
But then, maybe its our neighbors fault... I mean he comes over here regularly and sez, "You got any neighborhood gossip?" Of course we never do, but just the idea is then ingrained into my little pea brain. Like who cares - right?!?!?!???
.
Or maybe its because I'm a writer and I pay attention to things people are saying and I practice using them to see how they sound??? "Maybe I can use that in my novel." Humm now that's food for thought, maybe that's it by jove!
.
Yup... Did-ja-Ever???...
.

No comments:

Post a Comment