.......................................Thanks for stopping by.................................................

ANWA Member since Oct. 2003 - Chapter President of "Write to the Point" writing group.


Friday, June 10, 2011

Wahoo.. I'm here again, jiggity jig!

So this is the scoop: This gal (namely me) got sick and while sitting around trying to recuperate I read and read and read. Yep six or seven books got read during that time and little else. Then one thing after the other and I haven't gotten to do the book reviews of those books... but never fear I will eventually get to it.

Then our daughter Lisa graduated from College with honors... that was quite the awesome event (they even had soft chair with back in the stadium for us to sit on - wow, nice!) Pictures:

Over Memorial Day week-end we usually go camping (My sister, myself & family). This year we decided that I needed to go up early in order to save the good spots for us to have room for the family members to put up their tents. I left home on May 23rd picked up my daughter and off we went up to Willow Springs Lake, AZ. We got our tents all set up and the winds started and Tonya and I just about froze to death that night. My sister lent blankies to Tonya and we got though Tuesday night not quite as frozen... but still not comfy. We came back down to the valley for my granddaughter's graduation from High School and grabbed some more bedding and off we went back up to our adventure. After that the nights weren't quite as cold but we were not allowed to have campfires as usual up there due to all the dry conditions and the wind. We finally gave up and came home on Monday 30th. Lesson learned... May is still kinda chilly for tent camping in the Arizona mountains! If yer gonna go - go better prepared to keep warm & for no campfires!

Now don't think this experience has soured me from camping... I LOVE CAMPING! So it takes a lot to get me to not want to be up there. My nephew was totally impressed with me last year (he's off on his mission this year) because he had never seen anyone actually cook on the campfire grills. (Yes, I'm a very impressive gal. LOL)

Here are a few camping pictures for your enjoyment:

No comments:

Post a Comment