.......................................Thanks for stopping by.................................................

ANWA Member since Oct. 2003 - Chapter President of "Write to the Point" writing group.


Thursday, February 24, 2011

Did You Know...

Did you know that one hour of vigorous house cleaning will burn 145 calories? YES 1 hour! Did you know that ten minutes of doing Jumping Jax will burn 108 calories? Yep, amazing isn't it? So if I could, I would do thirty minutes of Jumping Jax at a grand total of 324 or better yet do sixty minutes at a grand total of 648 burned calories... that's right - I said "If I could". I can barely get ten minutes in and that ONLY if my bladder is EMPTY! Sheesh!!! - old lady syndrome :O{
.
So beyond doing the exercising and house cleaning I have set up on my computer a spreadsheet- it gives a place for my meals, snacks, etc and how much and what I eat and the calories for each and then it adds them up for me daily. The spreadsheet is for a month at a time. It also has a column for the exercising I do each day and how many calories were burned at days end. No not normal day's calories but the ones burned with planned exercise. I've found that when I know exactly what I'm putting in my mouth and how many calories it has- its easier for me to watch what I eat... so here's to loosing some of this flubber and feeling good on top of that! Yippeee...
.
Yes, I realize its going to take a long time for me to do this - its not an overnight remedy (darn) and that I'm going to have to make myself work out, even when I don't want to, in order to be successful - but I have a goal and a time-line for that goal- so I'm hoping I don't get derailed.
.
Ok - drum roll... stay tuned for the earlier mentioned contest, it will appear next week AFTER the ANWA Writing Conference I'm leaving for tomorrow...
.
L8er - Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment