.......................................Thanks for stopping by.................................................

ANWA Member since Oct. 2003 - Chapter President of "Write to the Point" writing group.


Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday's Marvelous Quotes...

If you listened to Oct General Conference this week-end you may remember this quote..."Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

I had been talking to one of my daughters Friday night and we were discussing a very similar topic. I sometimes overwhelm myself with all of the things I put on my agenda; all of the things I want to accomplish - to the point of not accomplishing any of them. In President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk he told us that the astronauts and cosmonauts used a pencil when their pen wouldn't work in space. I'm now thinking that simplicity is sometimes the best policy. My daughter is right... for she has an apostle of God to back her up!

I think a lot of us are very much like that - we get so caught up in trying to succeed and various ways to do so, that we neglect the simple solutions right before us! So last night I devised a plan: I would get up this morning and go for my hour walk; come home eat breakfast; then write in my novel until noon; when I would eat lunch; then go in and finish sewing my trek dress.

You may say, "good plan" - yes, it was a very good plan! PLAN BREAKER: waking up with a MIGRAINE!!! So I've spent a quiet day lazing around, just barely able to get up and write this blog...

Here's to great uninterrupted plans for tomorrow...

~Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment