.......................................Thanks for stopping by.................................................

ANWA Member since Oct. 2003 - Chapter President of "Write to the Point" writing group.


Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Death of a Dog Toy




Oops - Somehow I zapped that post so I'll try again...


Have any of you ever owned a dog? If you have you will know what I'm talking about here or at least be able to relate. This is a poem I wrote in honor of a dog tog that's gone and never to return:



The Death of a Dog Toy
By Joyce Smith

One day I looked out the window and what did I see?
Well it was the death of a dog toy that could not flee.

That fine toys white fluff was scattered all over the ground
And the poor thing was laying there not making a sound.

As though scared half to death, its yellow fur stood straight out
Lying on the grass with no mouth - its face seemed to pout.

I tell you its big black eyes seemed to stare straight at me
But that couldn’t be possible for that toy could not see.

Now there were no feet left on the forlorn little thing
And it looked like its black hair had been given a fling.

I gathered it all up and threw it in the trash-can
And I thought, what a way to end its poor life - oh man!

My dog had played with it so hard that it came apart
Now that’s the story of a dog toys death from the start.

~All rights reserved~


Dogs give their owners many things. Here are my 5 C's to what dogs give you: Caring, Comfort, Curiousity, Comic relief, and a desire to Curse!

1 comment:

  1. Joyce,
    Bravo for starting your blog, and Death of a Dog Toy fits your blog's name, for that's a Zany title if I ever heard one.

    ReplyDelete